Here are the worship songs selected by our worship team for this week:
Scripture: Acts 9:1-19
Sermon and Announcements:
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1. As you reflect upon your life story, what event (or events) has been a turning point that has changed the entire trajectory of your life or what you are doing today?
2. If you are a follower of Christ, how did you come to faith in Christ?
What similarities can you find between your coming to faith story to the story of the Ethiopian Eunuch, or Saul of Tarsus?
3. Saul was described as “breathing out murderous threats” against Jesus’s disciples.
Have you ever met someone who was so against the Christian faith?
What caused their anger against Christianity?
4. What did Jesus ask Saul?
Why did Jesus phrase his question that way?
What connections is Jesus making by posing his question?
5. When Ananias meets Saul for the first time, how does Ananias address him?
Why do you think that it might be significant?
6. Who do you identify most with? Ananias or Saul?
7. Jesus reveals to Ananias that Saul will suffer for his name.
Why do you think God says this?
Why do you think Jesus links suffering and proclaiming Jesus’s name together?
8. Ananias is one of the “forgotten heroes of church history”.
Who are some “forgotten” heroes in your journey of faith?
Here are some links related to this week’s announcements:
• BPGC 30th Anniversary Slideshow
• Alpha Online Spring Sign Up (Deadline Feb. 28)
• Alpha Invitation Guide
• Online Giving Page