Dear friends and families of Burnaby Pacific Grace Church,
Greetings! We hope you are safe and staying healthy during this unusual season. While our lives are disrupted from the regular patterns, we pray that this has opened up new opportunities for you to spend extra time with your families and/or finding new ways to care for one another. As a church, we are also adapting to challenges set before us. As things are shifting rapidly, we appreciate your patience and your feedback on how we can continue to be a church at this time. We would like to update you that as a church, we are in a financially stable position to continue supporting various ministries (eg. missions, utilities, training, office, reimbursements) during this unprecedented interruption.
Although we are temporarily unable to meet in person, we wanted to provide some options if you would like to continue to give during this season. After exploring different apps used by other churches (eg. Tithe.ly, PushPay, Text2Give; all requiring small processing fees), we are making available the following three options for consideration:
– For those who use online banking, you should be able to make an e-transfer. You can email offerings to firstname.lastname@example.org any time. Your banking institution may charge a fee, although most should not for this service.
– In the memo section, please include your name and designation to either ‘General Fund’ or ‘Mission Fund’. For first time deposits, also include an email address in case we need to contact you (or email Andrew directly with this contact).
– Create a unique password (eg. security question), using the same password each time for all transfers. You will need to send this password one time to Andrew as Treasurer via WhatsApp (preferred) or text message (see below for contact information), so he can put it on file to complete all subsequent transfers. If you ever need to change your password, you can make changes with Andrew directly.
– Deposits made after 6:00pm ET will be processed the next business day. You will receive confirmation emails whenever funds are deposited. All transfers will be completed each week by Saturday afternoon if not sooner. Records will be given to Louise to update for tax receipt purposes.
– For those who use Paypal, after having linked your own Paypal to your bank account, log into Paypal and click ‘Send Money’ to PayPal@bpgc.org. Choose ‘Send & Request’ under ‘Menu’ instead of using the ‘Transfer Money’ button on your summary page.
– When prompted about what this payment is for, select ‘Sending to a Friend’ option, and confirm there is no fee involved in this transaction. Enter the offering amount, type (General or Mission) and your name. Double check that money is withdrawn directly from your bank account and click enter. Payments made by credit card are subject to around 3% fees when the church receives offerings.
– Paypal Giving Fund Canada does not charge any fees on these donations, and 100% of the donations go to church. Donations are deposited as a single payment into the church’s PayPal account at the end of each month. Donations received up to the 15th of the current month are granted at the end of the current month.
– All donations made to PayPay Giving Fund Canada are eligible for donation receipts, with no minimum donation amount, which can also be manually deposited. Please check your email inbox for your receipt after submitting donations. The official donation receipt will include the name and mailing address on your PayPal account.
3) Post-dated cheques mailed to church (to be kept in offering slot by Pastor Eugene’s office)
– Although both methods above offer convenience (especially during this season but hopefully beyond), we want to provide an option for those who are more comfortable with traditional formats.
– While heeding government warnings to minimize time outside (eg. crowded spaces, social distancing), people can still mail cheques only (please do not mail cash) to the church, refer to address below.
3883 Triumph St, Burnaby, BC V5C 1Y6
Treasurer Andrew Yeung 604-992-6765 email@example.com
Vice-Chairperson David Sin 778-855-6516 firstname.lastname@example.org