Here are the worship songs selected by our worship team for this week:
Scripture: Acts 20:17-38
Sermon and Announcements:
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1. If you had to give a farewell speech, what would you say?
Who would you say it to?
What sort of instruction or wisdom would you leave for them?
2. Paul summons the elders of the Ephesian church to meet him at Miletus (20:17). As he speaks to them, Paul reflects on his time in Ephesus, the longest period he has ever spent with a church, and on his pattern of ministry and its significance.
What is the mood, substance and purpose of what he says about the past and the future in verses 18-27?
3. Eugene described Ephesus as the showcase church of the New Testament with no identifiable problems early on. It was strong, mature, and capable.
What do you think makes a church have those qualities?
4. Paul identifies the Holy Spirit leading him back to Jerusalem, and he obeys even though he knows what will await him there (prison & death), setting obedience over personal preference as the example for the elders of Ephesus.
What makes obedience hard to do?
What areas of your life might you struggle with in terms of obedience to Christ over and against your personal preferences or comfort?
5. Paul’s final third instruction for the Ephesian elders was to watch themselves and watch over the flock.
What is the danger that Paul anticipates coming to threaten the church?
What dangers threaten our church and the church worldwide?
6. In what ways has God challenged you this week from Paul’s words?
What would you change or put into practice?
What would you apply to your life today?