Here are the worship songs selected by our worship team for this week:
Scripture: Acts 3:1-10
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1. As John and Peter enter into the temple to pray, they encounter this disabled man who has been at the temple gate for most of his life, but was never able to enter to worship God.
What are some common barriers that occur today that prevent people from finding faith in Jesus?
What are some barriers you yourself have overcome or still wrestling with that is preventing you from fully coming to faith in Jesus?
2.Peter and John looked at the man intently, and instructed the man to look back at them.
What is the significance of that action?
Is this difficult for you? Why?
3.Are healings meant to be commonplace in the church today or were healings mainly for the Apostles? Why or why not?
Why do you think Luke specifically told us about this event?
4. Peter and John told the lame man they had no gold or silver to offer him, instead they gave him healing through the power of Jesus.
What are some “gold or silver” we offer to people in time of help before we offer people Jesus’s name and power?
5. As you reflect upon this story about how witnessing took place in the first century, who in your life comes into mind that you think God has placed there so you can help remove barriers for them to see Jesus?
6. Is there anything you are sensing that God through the Spirit is inviting you to respond to from this passage?
Here are some links related to this week’s announcements:
• Mission Central Conference 2021
• Final 2020 Yearly Offering Record
• Online Giving Page