Here are the worship songs selected by our worship team for this week:
Scripture: Matthew 5:17-26
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1) According to Matthew 5:20, “For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
a) Have you taken steps to belong to a different kind of righteousness, the kingdom righteousness?
b) If yes, how would you describe this experience?
2) You have heard that it was said, you shall not murder. But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment.
a) How is your anger gauge? Do you get angry easily or are you the type who likes to fester and hold on to your anger?
b) Are you presently holding a grudge towards a brother or sister? Would you like to share?
c) What steps would you like to take to be reconciled to that brother or sister who have hurt you?
d) Were you able to forgive and please share why it was so difficult to forgive? Do you need further help?
3. Have you done any name calling before? Why would you consider name calling harmful? Have you been hurt by name calling?
Here are some links related to this week’s announcements:
• Small Groups FAQ
• Small Groups Sign-Up (closing Sept 30)
• Click here to donate to Ride for Refuge!
• Online Giving Page