A. Chapter one: Nonconformity
1. In chapter one, John Stott states that there are 4 challenges for now-a-day’s Christians: Pluralism, Materialism, Ethical Relativism and Narcissism. Which one is most challenging you? Why?
2. How “to avoid being molded into the shape of those in the world around us”. Can you think of a character in the Bible as your model to learn from?
3. In this chapter, is there any message impacting you? How can you apply in your daily life?
B. Chapter two: Christlikeness
1. In this chapter, John mentions 5 callings from God to be like Christ: in his incarnation; in his service, in his love, in his patient endurance, and in his mission. In which one of above, you have fulfilled? In which one you need to put more effort on it?
2. John quotes words from John Poulton: The most effective preaching comes from those who embody the things they are saying. This mean, people would see Jesus / salvation through our body. How can we live out like Christ among our family, co-workers, schoolmates and friends? Have you had this testimony?
3. In this chapter, is there any teaching inspiring you? How can you apply?