After two meetings, discussions, and further invitation by DEC, Amina Ng has accepted to be a candidate for the 2017 Deacon Election. According to the church’s by-law, church members are still welcome to submit second round nomination to the DEC, members including Tony Lam, Winnie Chan, Jason Siu, April Law and Pastor Enoch. These must be in writing with two members’ signatures and submitted no later than by next Sunday, Sept 25.
According to the church’s bylaw, the requirements for deacon candidate are as follows:
- Born again Christian, baptized for at least two years (1 Timothy 3:6),
- A member of this church (Acts 4:23), and familiar with this church.
- Monogamous, irreproachable in marital relationship and relationships with the opposite sex (1 Timothy 3:2)
- Of good reputation (1 Tim 3:7; Acts 6:3) – Not indulge in bad habits or committing immoral or illegal acts – Living a good personal and family life (1 Timothy 3:2)
- Fulfilling ones responsibility in tithes and offerings, thus capable of being an example to others (Matthew 6:21; 1 Corinthians 6:2)
- Spiritually mature, willing to cooperate with others in serving the Lord (1 Corinthians 12:24)
- Has taken part in duties like department head, Sunday school teacher, or other evangelistic works, and is recognized as a faithful and responsible worker.