Members of the church are invited to submit deacon nominations to the DEC in writing, with two members’ signatures. No nomination will be accepted after Sunday, August 21. Four current deacons will step down and five will stay on, thus the deacon board has decided to elect three more new deacons to join the deacon board in 2017. According to the church’s bylaw, the requirements for deacon nominees are as follows:
- Born again Christian, baptized for at least two years (1 Timothy 3:6),
- A member of this church (Acts 4:23), and familiar with this church.
- Monogamous, irreproachable in marital relationship and relationships with the opposite sex (1 Timothy 3:2)
- Of good reputation (1 Timo 3:7; Acts 6:3) – Not indulge in bad habits or committing immoral or illegal acts – Living a good personal and family life (1 Timothy 3:2)
- Fulfilling one`s responsibility in tithes and offerings, thus capable of being an example to others (Matthew 6:21; 1 Corinthians 6:2)
- Spiritually mature, willing to cooperate with others in serving the Lord (1 Corinthians 12:24)
- Has taken part in duties like department head, Sunday school teacher, or other evangelistic works, and is recognized as a faithful and responsible worker (2 Corinthians 8:22; 1 Timothy 3:10)